Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dandelion, Earth-Friendly Goods - Review

Dandelion, Earth-Friendly Goods offers an array of innovative toys, bags, layettes & feeding items, made of organic, natural & recycled materials. They have a wide selection that any baby or toddler would love to have.

I have recently decided to make a switch to a greener lifestyle. Not in a completely mega crunchy way but a more subtle way. Doing a little better for my family and the environment all at once. Organic toys and feeding supplies are just one of the ways I am doing that. Are all ours toys organic and safe? Heck no! We have piles of toys that are made from plastic crap and break within minutes. I do find that organic and more earth friendly products are nicer and sturdier and I wish I had more in my house.

From their website:

Dandelion, earth-friendly goods, is a new division of Re-Think It, Inc., a family owned, family-focused company. In 1987, owners Craig & Amy Shumway had a vision to bring something truly different to the market. They’ve been developing new ideas and fresh creations ever since! The Shumway’s vision has culminated in 20 years of experience in the design and manufacture of infant products and feeding items. Our office and warehouses are located in Winter Park, FL; but you can find our quality products nationwide.

Smart parents are more concerned than ever about what babies touch and teethe, and the Dandelion brand gives you peace of mind. Dandelion offers a sophisticated look while reflecting a back-to-basics, eco-conscious style.


For my review I was sent an assortment of feeding items for both my toddler and for my baby girl as well as some stuffed animals for the girls. Pictured below right out of the box before the girls got a hold of them.


Their organic plush animals are super soft and extra squishable. My oldest daughter just loved the bear and could not stop loving on it. I honestly wish all our stuffed animals were organic and this soft!


Of course little sister (only 2 months here hence the lack of smile) had to hold hers too.


The feedings sets are actually made from corn! They are naturally BPA free and Phthalate free. The only drawback from the corn ware is that it is not dishwasher safe (which I read on the packaging). Not a big deal for me because we have a pile of bottles, pump parts and sippy cups that are hand washed every night anyway.They were super easy to clean.

Big Sister loved her feeding set. Worked great with quesadillas and yellow Mexican rice. Yum! I thought the size of the plate was especially nice for a toddler. Not to big or too small. She is 3 in this picture so you can see the size of the fork and plate in relation to her. Absolutely perfect. My husband on the other hand is not a fan of forks without metal prongs so to speak. He thinks it makes it more difficult for toddlers to spear their food. Not a problem with these forks but all toddler plastic forks in general. His suggestions would also be a third compartment instead of just two for dips such as ketchup which Big Sister loves!


They also have a pink line that is absolutely adorable! With two girls I can never have enough pink! I would definitely buy their items for myself to use with my girls or as baby shower gifts.

Dandelion recently launched a line of eco-friendly eating tableware called Re-Play. I have actually already bought the bowls and divided plates from Wal-Mart. They can even go in the dishwasher. Super sturdy and cute too! I was given some crappy little plastic bowls as a gift when I was pregnant with my first. After I bought these the old ones went straight into the trash. These are really great bowls!

I feel confident that any products I use from Dandelion, Earth-Friendly Goods are top quality and good for my family to use and enjoy.

Buy It:
Visit the Dandelion, Earth-Friendly Goods website to find some eco-friendly products for your family!

Connect:
You can follow Dandelion, Earth-Friendly Goods on Facebook & Twitter.

Disclosure: I received the above mentioned products from Dandelion, Earth-Friendly Goods to facilitate in this review. No other compensation was received. I was under no obligation to write a positive review. This is my 100% honest opinion and may differ from yours.

2 comments:

mutantsupermodel.com

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway, good luck!

Mrs. Adventure

I'm going to check them out now for sure! Also I wanted to give you a heads up that you won my "Juppy" giveaway head over and send me an email :o)

http://www.mrs-adventure.com

Post a Comment